Remembering all the durations of smokes, walls and ultimates in Valorant is hard. With so many different abilities that last for a set amount of seconds, it can be a challenge to remember how long they last for. We’ve compiled a list of all Valorant abilities that have a set duration before expiring. Knowing how much time you have before a smoke dissipates, or Sage’s wall crumbles, can be useful in timing a bombsite push, falling back, executing a fake, as well as coordinating accordingly with your teammates. Sometimes, knowing if you have enough time to avoid that Raze Boombot can be of aid in crunch time.
- Brimstone’s Sky Smokes: 19.25 seconds
- Omen’s Dark Cover: 15 seconds
- Jett’s Cloudburst : 4.5 seconds
- *Cypher’s Cyber Cage: 7 seconds
- Viper’s Poison Cloud: 15 seconds (at maximum fuel)
- Astra’s Nebula: 15 seconds
- Astra’s Dissipate (retract orb): 2 seconds
*Although Cypher’s Cyber Cage is technically not a smoke, it is frequently used as one to provide cover.
- Sage’s Barrier Orb: 30 seconds (destructible)
- Phoenix’s Blaze: 8 seconds
- *Viper’s Toxic Screen: 15 seconds (at maximum fuel)
*Activating both, Viper’s Toxic Screen and Poison Cloud simultaneously, doesn’t increase the rate of Fuel drainage.
- Phoenix’s Curveball: ~1.5 seconds
- Reyna’s Leer: 2 seconds (destructible)
- Breach’s Flashpoint: ~3 seconds
- Omen’s Paranoia: 2 seconds
- Skye’s Bird (flight duration): 2.5 seconds
- Skye’s Bird (flash): ~2 seconds
- Yoru’s Blindside: ~2 seconds
*Flash durations vary depending on the distance of the character to the flash as well as how directly the character is looking at the flash.
- Brimstone’s Incendiary: 8 seconds
- Sage’s Slow Orb: 7 seconds (doesn’t deal damage)
- Viper’s Snakebite: 8 seconds
- Phoenix’s Hot Hands: 4 seconds
- Killjoy’s Nanoswarm: 5 seconds
Other Basic Abilities
- Raze’s Boombot: 10 seconds (destructible)
- Sova’s Recon Bolt: 4 seconds (three pulses + destructible)
- Sova’s Recon Drone: 10 seconds (destructible)
- Brimstone’s Stim Beacon: 12 seconds
- Skye’s Trailblazer: 6 seconds/ 2.5 seconds (concussion duration)
- Astra’s Gravity Well: 3 seconds (pull duration)
- Astra’s Nova Pulse: 4 seconds (concussion duration)
- Yoru’s Fakeout: 10 seconds (or until the ability hits an object)
- Brimstone’s Orbital Strike: 4 seconds
- Breach’s Rolling Thunder: 6 seconds (concussion time)
- Breach’s Fault Line: 3 seconds (concussion time)
- *Viper’s Viper’s Pit: 15 seconds
- Killjoy’s Lockdown: 13 seconds (windup time) / 8 seconds (debuff time)
- Phoenix’s Run it Back: 10 seconds (destructible)
- Reyna’s Empress: 30 seconds (renewed after each kill while in Empress)
- Raze’s Showstopper: 10 seconds (expires if not fired)
- Yoru’s Dimensional Drift: 9 seconds (indestructible)
- Astra’s Cosmic Divide: 20 seconds (indestructible + noise dampening wall)
*When Viper is outside of the Pit for 15 seconds of her ultimate. Otherwise, the Pit stays intact infinitely when Viper is inside of it.
For other guides such as these, remember to follow us at Run It Back.